A delicious, hot cinnamon roll ready in 2 minutes is what I’m looking for! And this amazing recipe comes from triathlete and food enthusiast Mike at The Iron You, who can attest that it’s a tried as true recipe that’s quick, easy and downright awesome. Let’s do this!
This cinnamon roll in a mug recipe was made and re-made at least 25 times until it came down to the perfect texture, moistness, sweetness, and cinnamon flavor. We can say that Mike likes to make sure this recipe takes your cinnamon roll to a whole new level and will not disappoint!
The recipe is very easy to follow and can be mixed right in your mug. It also provides ingredients for those of you who are healthy eaters (paleo), like Mike. Healthy or “just make it yummy”, either way, you’ll really love this!
As Mike would say,
“Cinnamon rolls are serious business, there’s no room for error.”
Seriously and perfectly amazing…
HOW TO MAKE CINNAMON ROLL IN A MUG
Cook time: 2 minutes
- 2 Tbs all purpose flour (or Bob’s Red Mill coconut flour)
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of fine grain sea salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 egg (or 2 flax eggs)
- 2 Tbs milk (or almond milk)
- 1 ½ Tbs maple syrup
- 1 Tbs butter, melted (or coconut oil)
- ½ Tsp vanilla extract
- ½ Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbs butter (or coconut butter)
- 1 Tbs milk (or almond milk)
- 1 Tsp sugar (or coconut sugar)
- ½ Tsp lemon juice
- Mix all cinnamon roll ingredients in your mug, adding the baking powder last.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- In the meantime mix all the icing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Drizzle icing over your hot cinnamon roll.
- Have at it!
Now Watch How You Can Make Delicious Cinnamon Cream Cheese Roll Ups