This is for all you bacon lovers. It’s a Bacon Bourbon BBQ Chicken recipe that’s chock full of mouthwatering flavor using tender chicken thighs smothered in an unbelievable sauce that’s sure to get you salivating! So get your grill ready to fire up because it’s one recipe we guarantee you’ll want to make again and again!
Only 15 minutes to prepare starting with your barbecue sauce mixed and bourbon, and a bacon paste with garlic, onion, paprika and dark brown sugar to give you a rich, savory, sweet, smoky and spicy taste! You getting hungry?
Don’t underestimate the bourbon. It’s distinctive smoky caramel and vanilla flavor combined with the rest of the flavors boosts your recipe up a new level, setting the bar for AWESOME flavor! An easy meal for a busy weeknight, or the holidays, barbecues and parties! A guaranteed hit!
Juicy, tender chicken smothered in a smoky rich, flavorful sauce. Unbelievably delicious!
Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! It’s incredible. My husband is not keen on new recipes (he likes tried and true recipes) but he’s in love with this! We have no leftovers it was such a hit. To top it off, it was easy to make and can be served with any number of side dishes (I served it with a rice & corn salad). YUM! Can’t wait to make it again and again. – Angie D.
HOW TO MAKE BACON BOURBON BBQ CHICKEN
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 16 oz barbecue sauce
- ¼ Cup bourbon
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 Tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tsp ground white pepper
- ½ Tsp garlic powder
- ½ Tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbs paprika
- 3 Tbs packed dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbs smoked paprika
- 6 slices raw bacon, cut into small pieces
- Light the grill and heat to medium-high
- In a small bowl, combine the BBQ sauce and bourbon. Mix well.
- In a food processor, combine the kosher salt, white pepper, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, dark brown sugar, smoked paprika, and bacon. Pulse until completely smooth.
- Put the chicken thigh pieces in a bowl and then rub with the bacon paste. Once well-coated, thread the chicken thigh pieces onto skewers (pre-soaked, if they’re wooden).
- Place the kebabs on the preheated grill. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until nearly cooked through.
- Brush the kebabs with the bourbon barbecue sauce and cook for an additional minute on each side.
- Serve with the remaining BBQ sauce.
- You will have plenty of leftover BBQ sauce to serve the skewers with, and then some. If you’d prefer not to have leftover sauce, you can reduce the amount of BBQ sauce by half and have just enough.
Want A Great Side Dish Recipe? Now Watch How To Make Bacon & Sausage Baked Beans!
Inspired by Host The Toast