Blueberry Lemon Hand Pies…need I say more?! These bad boys are just as good as ones you would find at your favorite bakery. And they are so simple to make!
I mean, when you find a recipe that has less than 10 ingredients and turns out as good as this one did, you are winning at life.
Seriously. Plus, they are adorable and fun to eat! Anyone will be happy to have these sweet pockets in their lives!
- 1 box Refrigerated pie crust
- 1 can Blueberry pie filling
- 1 Lemon, zested
- 1 Egg white, beaten
- 2 1/2 CUPS Powdered sugar
- 1/4 CUP Lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Remove pie crusts from package and allow to come to room temperature while you prepare filling.
- Dump pie filling in a shallow bowl and add lemon zest. Mix until blended. Set aside.
- Unroll pie crusts and cut 6 circles from each crust using a 4-inch biscuit cutter.
- Using a 1 tbsp cookie scoop, drop blueberry pie filling into center of each pie crust circle. Fold in half and pinch edges completely. Fold pinched edges over making sure they are completely sealed.
- Beat egg white in a small bowl until frothy. Brush over the tops of each hand pie.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until browned.
- While pies are baking, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Remove cooked pies from oven and let cool.
- Drizzle the glaze on top of the hand pies.
- allow to set till glaze hardens a bit.