This is–hands down–the creamiest mac and cheese I have had in a while! And it’s all HOMEMADE!
Don’t let it intimidate you with the homemade part though…this recipe is so easy!
Perfect to make after a long day of work…or just any time in general! You will not regret it!
- 8 oz Medium shell pasta
- 3 CUPS Broccoli, chopped into florets
- 2 Chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1/4 CUP All-purpose flour
- 1 CUP Milk
- 1 CUP Chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 CUPS Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions. Add broccoli during last 2-3 minutes of cook time. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add flour and cooking, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in milk and chicken broth and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbling and thickened.
- Remove from heat and add cheddar cheese. Stir until melted.
- Add the drained pasta, broccoli, and chicken and stir to combine. If sauce becomes too thick, add milk as needed to thin.
Inspired by: Love Grows Wild