Brunch is one of the best things ever in life. Brinner is just as amazing. In case you’re confused that would be a combination of breakfast for dinner…brinner in other words.
College kids across America know exactly what I’m talking about. Heck, singles across America know what I’m talking about.
Some of my favorite meals have been brunches and brinners. I plan on passing this down to my kids someday.
- Eggs, 1 per slice of bread
- Salt and Pepper
- Shredded Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C.
- Using a butter knife or back of a spoon create a square inside the bread by pressing down on the bread almost to the crust edges.
- Repeat for every slice of bread you wish to make (1-2 slices per person).
- Season the bread with salt and pepper.
- Crack one egg into each slice of bread.
- Butter the higher edges of the bread gently, being careful not to touch the egg.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese then bacon onto the buttered edges.
- Spray your small baking tray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the bread on the tray and the tray in the oven for 10 mins.
- Remove from oven and eat while warm.
Inspired by Great Day Farms