Are you ready to try best cookie pie you have ever had in your life? Cause this recipe is going to knock your socks off!!
The amount of flavors it has along with the cream cheese filling in the middle makes for the perfect dessert! Everything all together just balances itself out perfectly!
This dessert is also so so great for any occasion! if someone receives this pie from you, they will love you for life!
- 2 CUPS All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/3 tsp Salt
- 2/3 CUP Unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 CUP Peanut butter
- 2/3 CUP Brown sugar
- 1/3 CUP Granulated sugar
- 1 Large Egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/3 CUP Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 20 to 30 mini Reese’s Cups, chopped up & divided into two groups
- 8 oz. Cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 CUP Powdered sugar
- 1 Egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Filling
1. Preheat oven to 325°F degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, using mixer, beat the butter, peanut butter, and sugars, until smooth and fluffy.
4. Add egg and vanilla extract and combine until mixed.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture into the wet mixture mixing well after each addition.
6. Cream cheese filling: In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, egg, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
7. Spread ⅔ of the cookie dough in the bottom of the 8-inch square baking dish.
8. Add one half of the Reese’s cup, chopped on top of cookie dough.
Cream Cheese Filling
1. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the dough/Reese’s cup layer.
2. Using your fingers, crumble the remaining dough over the top of the cream cheese layer.
3. Add the other half of the Reese’s cups, chopped and sprinkle the mini chocolate chips on top.
4. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
5. Remove foil and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until it is lightly browned on top and the cream-cheese layer is set.
6. Cool on a wire rack. Cut and store leftover bars in refrigerator
Inspired by: The Baking Chocola Tess