Looking for a mouthwatering recipe? This Italian-style meatloaf with mozzarella and parmesan is a twist on a timeless classic that will satisfy any hungry person. This recipe is so delicious — even better than your mama’s — it will leave you weak in the knees.
The end result is a juicy, flavorful meatloaf smothered in a roasted marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. The Italian seasoning and Italian breadcrumbs, as well as the comforting taste of the natural juice produced by the meat, turns an ordinary meatloaf into the EXTRAORDINARY.
Each bite of Italian Meatloaf is pure bliss. It’s better than anything you’ll find on a restaurant menu, and it’s a perfect entree that can stretch well with accompaniment of sides. The leftovers taste amazing for days and days, but I highly doubt you’ll have any!
Prepare to fall in love with this simple recipe. Italian Meatloaf is guaranteed to impress the toughest critics — even kids can’t resist its deliciousness! You will love how stress-free and easy this recipe is, but you’ll love the way it tastes even more.
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 1½ cups dry Parmesan
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for Marinara Sauce:
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ tablespoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium high heat, saute onions and garlic until fragrant
- Add red pepper, tomato and Italian seasoning, sweating the vegetables until liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Set aside
- In a separate pan over medium high heat, saute garlic until fragrant then add in tomato sauce. Crumble in the beef bouillon cube and mix well
- Season with Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes
- Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, 1 cup mozzarella, eggs, ½ cup marinara sauce, vegetables, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Form into a loaf using your hands, mixing all the ingredients thoroughly
- Coat the top of the loaf with the remaining marinara sauce and spread evenly using the back of a spoon and top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until the meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F in the middle of the meatloaf. Let it stand for 10 minutes before cutting
- Dish and serve hot
Recipe by The Cooking Jar.
Try pairing it with our Parmesan Garlic Potatoes:
SHARE THIS ARTICLE TO SHOW YOUR LOVED ONES THIS AMAZING RECIPE!