When it comes to french fries, these Sweet Potato Superfood Fries are in a league of their own. This recipe is so easy, delicious AND nutritious that you’ll want to make it more than once a week.
The sweet and savory goodness will satisfy your tastebuds in ways you never knew existed — until now!
Sweet Potato Superfood Fries are the perfect way to consume more nutrients. They’re so yummy you completely forget you’re eating something healthy! Even kids can’t resist their deliciousness, and that’s especially impressive.
This mouthwatering recipe is destined to become your go-to side dish, and it’s easy to see why. With minimal ingredients and simple steps to follow, Sweet Potato Superfood Fries are every home cook’s dream come true. You probably already have all the ingredients in your kitchen, so there’s really no excuse to not try this recipe!
So what exactly is a superfood? According to Merriam-Webster, it’s a nutrient-rich food considered to be especially beneficial for health and well-being. Thankfully, this delicious recipe is a guilt-free way to satisfy your french fry cravings AND consume more nutrients.
Sweet potatoes are LOADED with vitamin A and fiber. The drizzle of maple syrup (which is surprisingly nutritious too) turns the naturally sweet spuds from the ordinary into the extraordinary, while the flax seeds provide a crunchy coating and a dose of omega-3s. It’s the perfect balance of sweet and salty!
Here’s how to make Sweet Potato Superfood Fries:
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- Sea salt to taste
- Cinnamon to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the sweet potato into fry shape, taking care to make each piece the same size (~ 1/4″).
- Drizzle the maple syrup into a large bowl, and toss the fries in, making sure they’re all evenly coated by massaging them with your fingers.
- Transfer the coated fries into a Ziploc baggie and add the flax, sea salt, and cinnamon.
- Close the baggie and begin shaking/massaging it to ensure all of the fries are evenly coated.
- Empty the fries onto the baking sheet, and bake for 40 minutes, turning them halfway through.
- Allow to cool slightly before enjoying. They taste wonderful on their own, and even better when dipped in nut butter, ketchup, or hummus.
Recipe and photos by Running with Spoons.
Looking for another easy and delicious recipe? Try our Sweet Potato Breakfast Cups:
SHARE THIS ARTICLE TO SHOW YOUR LOVED ONES THIS AMAZING RECIPE!