I LOVE CHEESY JUNK FOOD OF ALL KINDS: Doritos, Cheetos, Cheez-its, etc. — but I definitely don’t love the inches they add to my waist. After years of searching for a guilt-free way to satisfy my cheesy chip cravings, I finally found a solution. Prepare for your mind to be blown, your stomach to growl, and your mouth to water!
Don’t let the name of this nutritious and delicious snack scare you — I promise you’ll regret never trying them! This recipe is so yummy AND addictive, so consider yourself warned.
With only four simple steps and an irresistible cheesiness, Nacho Kale Chips are the perfect healthy alternative to ANY snack food. After first discovering Trader Joe’s Nacho Kale Chips, I was determined to save money by making my own at home. That’s why I was beyond ECSTATIC to find this super easy Nacho Kale Chips recipe online!
This nutrient-dense snack is so delicious that even the pickiest of eaters will love them — including kids. Nacho Kale Chips are a great way to get extra vitamins and protein. As if that wasn’t impressive enough, they’re also a naturally good source of fiber, iron and calcium!
You seriously won’t believe how easy this recipe is to follow! Nacho Kale Chips taste even better than Doritos, and they’re much more affordable than any store-bought version too.
Here’s how to make Nacho Kale Chips:
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 cup cashews, soak for a few hours
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup nutritional yeast*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Remove hard stalks from kale and set aside in a mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to blender and process until smooth, adding a little bit of water or more lemon juice if needed.
- Pour sauce over kale and mix until evenly coated.
- Lay out on parchment paper and dehydrate on low for about 10 hours, turning over halfway through–OR bake at 300F for 30 minutes, flipping over halfway through.
* Nutritional yeast can usually be found in the natural food isle at your grocery store.
Recipe by Serah B.
Looking for another delicious and nutritious recipe? Try our Southwest Cilantro Lime Salad:
SHARE THIS ARTICLE TO SHOW YOUR LOVED ONES THIS AMAZING RECIPE!