Jalapeño Mac and Cheese..need I say more? This recipe combines 2 of my favorite things ever and I could not be more satisfied!
The creaminess of the cheeses mixed with all of the flavors…and the kick from the peppers..SO good! Not to mention that crunch from the bread crumbs on top!
This dish had me going back for seconds in no time!
- 2-3 Jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 1 Medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- 2 CUPS Milk
- 1 CUP Water
- 2 CUPS Dried pasta (penne)
- 8 oz Shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 CUP Bread crumbs or cracker crumbs
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions with garlic powder and salt. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese and mix until it is melted. Add in the milk, water, and dry pasta.
- Bring to a boil and simmer on medium 10-15 minutes, stirring regularly, until pasta is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine cracker crumbs and oil in a small bowl and mix until all the crumbs are evenly coated.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Once pasta is cooked, add cheese and stir in to melt. If using an oven safe pan, top with crumbs and place in oven for 5-10 minutes to brown. Or, pour pasta into a 9×9 pan and top with crumbs and bake for 5-10 minutes.
Inspired by: Center Cut Cook