It’s a tried and true Key Lime Pie that stands above the rest with a secret ingredient making this recipe worthy of a Blue Ribbon Award! And if you’re looking for a really good key lime pie, this one will meet your expectations (and more). It definitely has that ‘Wow Factor’ that will get your taste buds dreaming for a bite! ‘Cause it’s worth it!
It’s easy and delicious. One look at this pie and you know it’s top-rated: an ultra rich, smooth, creamy, sweet and tart custard with a buttery, crunchy crust that is overall well-balanced and just perfect. So rewarding!
The secret ingredient is lemon juice which cuts out any bitterness with the limes without losing that ‘key lime’ flavor. The recipe below has easy ingredients for making your crust, filling and topping and Voilà! Enjoy this truly rich, creamy and decadent dessert! It’s irresistible!
I would give this even more forks if the site allowed it. You will simply be a hero (heroine) with this key lime pie. It is easy but absolutely delicious. I have had guests say that it is the best they ever had…and I have some key lime connoisseurs in my circle! Make this! – Patel47
HOW TO MAKE KEY LIME PIE
Active time: 35 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, plus cooling time
Yields: 9″ pie
- 11 (2 1/4×4 3/4″) graham crackers
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 1/2 Tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch kosher salt
- 6 Tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 7 Tbs fresh key lime juice
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 Cup chilled heavy cream
- 2 Tbs powdered sugar
- Place rack in the center of oven and preheat to 350°F.
- Pulse graham crackers, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor until fine crumbs form. With the motor running, drizzle in melted butter and process until well-combined. Transfer mixture to pie pan and press into bottom and up sides with a flat-bottomed measuring cup.
- Bake crust until golden brown and set, 8–10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
Filling & Baking:
- Whisk condensed milk and yolks together in a large bowl. Add key lime and lemon juice and whisk until well-combined (mixture will thicken slightly).
- Pour filling into crust and bake until center is just set, about 15 minutes. Transfer pie to a wire rack and let cool completely (filling will set as it cools), about 1 hour. Transfer to refrigerator and chill until cold, at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, whip cream with a whisk or electric mixer to very soft peaks. Sprinkle sugar over cream and continue whipping until it holds stiff peaks. Dollop cream in center of pie (leaving at least a 1″ border of visible pie filling) and serve.
- Pie (without topping) can be made, loosely covered, and chilled for up to 2 days.
Want Another Great Pie Recipe? Now Watch How To Make Buttermilk Pie!
Inspired by Epicurious