It’s a moist and fluffy dessert that’s full of key lime flavor. This delicious recipe is a citrus-inspired remedy for every sweet tooth with a silky whipped cream topping and buttery graham cracker crumbs that’s irresistibly satisfying! Key Lime Poke Cake tastes like summer, and after taking your first bite — you’ll know exactly what I mean.
It’s a piece of cake to make.There’s no complicated ingredients and the directions are super simple thanks to the creator of this recipe, Amber. The end result is a gorgeous cake that tastes just as delicious as it looks! It’s impossible to not instantly fall in love with this succulent cake.
It’s light and refreshing. Key Lime Poke Cake is the perfect balance of sweet and sour. Key lime connoisseurs have even claimed it’s the best zesty dessert they’ve EVER had — and that includes the traditional key lime pie.
“The freshly sweetened whipped cream on top just makes this cake super dreamy and balanced amongst the tang of the lime. You are going to love it!” – Amber, Love Grows Wild
Here’s how to make Key Lime Poke Cake:
- 1 box white cake mix, plus the ingredients to make the cake
- 1 small box of lime jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup key lime juice
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 squares graham cracker crumbs
- zest of 2 limes
- Prepare and bake cake according to directions on the box for a 9×13″ pan. Allow to cool completely. Poke holes into the cake using a wooden skewer or the end of a wooden spoon.
- Add the dry jello mix to the boiling water. Then stir in the key lime juice and cold water. Pour mixture over the cake and into the holes. Allow to refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip heavy cream with powdered sugar until you reach stiff peaks. Spread mixture over the top of the cake. Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs and lime zest. Store cake in the refrigerator.
Looking for another citrus-inspired recipe? Try our Starbucks Lemon Loaf:
SHARE THIS ARTICLE TO SHOW YOUR LOVED ONES THIS AMAZING RECIPE!