Looking for something simple and delicious to make for a hungry crowd? These mouthwatering Mini Beef Empanadas are EXACTLY what you need then! With minimal ingredients and only 4 simple steps, these bad boys will put a smile on everyone’s face.
The crisp, buttery outside combined with the flavorful, succulent inside will satisfy the toughest critics! Even kids will love Mini Beef Empanadas — and that’s especially impressive.
Mini Beef Empanadas are great for big crowds not only because they’re easy and delicious, but also because guests can have fun customizing them with dips. Just serve them with guacamole, sour cream, queso, and/or salsa! This recipe is a stress-free way to create a crowd-pleasing meal.
Empanadas are the national dish of Chile, and it’s easy to see why. Chileans treasure these half-moon wonders so much, that even their former president, Salvador Allende, encouraged eating empanadas as a “conflict resolution” in 1970! This divine dish might actually be the key to world peace.
Here’s how to make Mini Beef Empanadas:
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (1 lb. 1.3-oz.) can Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Refrigerated Golden Corn Biscuits or 1 (16.3-oz.) can Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cook the ground beef and onions in large skillet over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Add all remaining ingredients except biscuits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until most of liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. With serrated knife, cut each biscuit in half horizontally to make 16 rounds. Press or roll each to form 4-inch round. Spoon 2 level measuring tablespoons ground beef mixture in center of each round. Fold dough over filling; press edges with fork to seal. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350°F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Looking for another simple and satisfying appetizer? Try our Meat Lover’s Queso:
HELP YOUR FELLOW HOME COOKS BY SHARING THIS ARTICLE NOW!