Do you love cooking mouthwatering meals but HATE cleaning up afterwards? If so, we’ve got the most succulent surprise for you! With meat so tender it falls off the bone and flavors that intensify with each new bite, One-Pot Turmeric Chicken & Rice qualifies as the ultimate crowd-pleasing dish.
Home cooks love easy one-pot meals not only because they’re delicious, but they’re also a convenient way to create a hearty meal with practically nothing to cleanup.
That’s why I was beyond THRILLED to find this easy, flavorful One-Pot Turmeric Chicken & Rice recipe created by The Iron You. No more stressing over side dishes and running multiple cooking appliances at the same time — this truly is a one-pot wonder!
There’s really no excuse to not try this recipe. Chances are you already have most of the ingredients in your kitchen. The end result is a stunning, comforting and FAST supper — and that’s not even the best part!
One-Pot Turmeric Chicken & Rice is so delicious that even the pickiest of eaters will be begging for more! The turmeric adds its signature natural flavor, while the peas bring sweet bursts of freshness, and the lime ties everything together with its bright appearance and taste.
So what’s the BEST part about One-Pot Turmeric Chicken & Rice? It’s not only delicious, but it’s also incredibly nutritious. Turmeric is LEGENDARY for its health benefits, so I’m always looking for new ways to incorporate it into my routine. Thankfully this recipe makes it a breeze!
Here’s how to make One-Pot Turmeric Chicken & Rice:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 whole cut-up chicken
- ½ teaspoon fine grain salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cups short-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 ½ cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup frozen peas (no need to thaw them)
- Limes quartered and chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken skin side down, sprinkle with salt and black pepper, and cook undisturbed for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until the chicken pieces easily release from the pan (make sure that the chicken sizzles but doesn’t burn by adjusting the heat accordingly.)
- Flip the chicken pieces and cook on the other side until browned, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Spoon most of the fat from the skillet, leaving about 2 tablespoons for added flavor. Reduce the heat to medium, add onions, and sauté for about 5 to 6 minutes, until translucent. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add rice and cook stirring until the rice is glossy and coated with oil. Add turmeric and give a good stir.
- Return the chicken to the pan, add stock, and stir gently to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook undisturbed for 20 minutes (resist the urge to uncover the skillet and stir, be patient!)
- Uncover and check. The goal is to have the liquid absorbed, the rice is tender, and the chicken is cooked through. If the rice is dry but nothing is ready, add another ¼ cup of water and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes. When ready, take a taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Remove from the heat, add peas, cover, and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Fish the chicken out of the pan and fluff the rice with a fork. Return chicken to the skillet, arrange lime wedges around, and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
Recipe and photos by The Iron You.
Looking for another easy and delicious recipe? Try our One Pan Beef Stroganoff:
SHARE THIS ARTICLE TO SHOW YOUR LOVED ONES THIS AMAZING RECIPE!