For a mouthwatering Mac and Cheese that gives you maximum cheesy flavor, this stovetop recipe delivers tender pasta in a luxuriously rich, smooth and creamy ‘tangy’ cheese sauce that’s beyond words. It’s no ordinary Mac and Cheese. So if you love Panera Bread’s signature Mac & Cheese, then try this homemade version. Mac and Cheese never tasted SO GOOD!
A quick and easy fuss-free stovetop recipe. Thanks to Aimee at Shugary Sweets for making this recipe that mimics the expanding bakery/cafe chain’s using white cheddar and dry mustard for that distinctive tangy taste!
You can never go wrong with this seriously delicious recipe, especially with the kids. It’s a favorite good old-fashioned comfort food at its best that’ll have everyone at the table drooling over it. It’s Super-Yummy!
Tender pasta in a luxuriously rich, smooth and creamy ‘tangy’ cheese sauce. Yum!
HOW TO MAKE PANERA BREAD MAC & CHEESE
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 Cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup milk (skim used in recipe)
- 2 Cup heavy cream
- 2 Cup shredded white cheddar (Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar used in recipe)
- 1/2 Tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 Tsp black pepper
- 1 Tsp dry mustard
- 1 lb, pasta, cooked (cavatapppi, shells, or elbow)
- Cook pasta according to package directions while making the sauce. Drain and set aside until ready to use.
- In a large pot on medium high heat, add butter until melted. Whisk in the flour and cook for about one minute. Reduce heat to medium and add milk, heavy cream, salt, dry mustard and pepper. Continue whisking until it begins to bubble. Reduce to low and add white cheddar. Stir until melted.
- Add cooked pasta, stirring until combined. Remove from heat and allow to sit about 5 minutes to thicken. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired. ENJOY.
- To reheat leftovers (if any), add about 1/2 cup milk and cook on low on the stove top.
Want Another Great Recipe? Now Watch How To Make Honey Lemon Chicken Lettuce Wraps!
Inspired by Shugary Sweets