Behold Sweet Chili Brussels Sprouts: the most delicious treat EVERY tastebud deserves to experience! They’re sweet, salty, savory and garlicky — and guaranteed to convert brussels sprouts haters of all ages.
This recipe was inspired by the famous brussels sprouts at Uchi, a contemporary Japanese restaurant located at the heart of foodie heaven — Austin, Texas. Now YOU can devour their most raved-about menu item from the comfort of your home. I’m genuinely excited for you to try this recipe!
Every bite of Sweet Chili Brussels Sprouts is pure bliss, and tasting the complex flavors will make you forget you’re eating a vegetable.
Sweet Chili Brussels Sprouts are SO EASY and delicious that you’ll want to make them multiple times a week. You can serve them as a side dish or an appetizer, but honestly they’re so yummy and filling they could qualify as your new favorite entree too!
Sweet Chili Brussels Sprouts are a hassle-free way to satisfy the toughest critics. They’re delicious AND nutritious, making them every true foodie’s dream come true! With minimal ingredients and two simple steps, this recipe created by Steamy Kitchen is a definite keeper.
Here’s how to make Sweet Chili Brussels Sprouts:
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, stem trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- Heat the oven to 400F. On a baking sheet, toss the brussels sprouts in cooking oil to coat evenly. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, tossing them halfway so they cook evenly. Remove brussels sprouts from the oven and turn on oven broiler to high, with the oven rack positioned in the top third of the oven.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the brussels sprouts, tossing to coat evenly. Broil the brussels sprouts for 5 minutes or until the sugar in the chili sauce is bubbling and caramelizing. Watch them carefully so they don’t burn! Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Recipe and photos by Steamy Kitchen.
Looking for another delicious and nutritious recipe? Try our Southwest Cilantro-Lime Salad:
HELP YOUR FELLOW FOODIES BY SHARING THIS ARTICLE NOW!