Looking for a delicious and easy treat to make for Valentine’s Day? Sweetheart Buddies are exactly what you need then! They’re a festive and HIGHLY addictive snack of Chex covered in white chocolate and coated in a strawberry flavored cake mix powdered sugar — and guaranteed to satisfy the toughest critics.
I love all kinds of Muddy Buddies (also known as Puppy Chow), but this Sweetheart Buddies edition by The Recipe Critic is by far the best! Home cooks everywhere can’t stop praising this recipe, and it’s easy to see why.
The sweet, crunchy, powdery treat is fully-loaded with flavor! The Valentine’s Day M&M’s add a fun little bite of milk chocolate, qualifying them as the perfect Valentine’s Day treat and gift.
Sweetheart Buddies are so delicious and addictive that you’ll want to eat the entire bag yourself — and that’s not even the best part!
So what’s the BEST part about Sweetheart Buddies? They only take about 10 minutes to make! You seriously won’t believe how easy they are. Sweetheart Buddies are a MUST try.
Here’s how to make Sweetheart Buddies:
- 5 ounces white almond bark or white chocolate chocolate chips
- 5 ounces red candy melts (you can find them at Michael’s craft store)
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 5 cups chex cereal
- 1 cup strawberry cake mix
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ package valentines chocolate M&M’s
- Start by dividing the chex mix into two bowls. (2½ cup in each)
- In microwave safe dish, melt the 5 ounces white almond bark or white chocolate chips. Add ½ teaspoon shortening so that the almond bark will spread evenly. Microwave 30 seconds at a time and be careful not to burn the almond bark. Dump this in the first bowl of chex and mix evenly to coat all of the chex cereal.
- Melt the red candy melts next also checking and stirring the candy melts 30 seconds at a time. Once this is melted, pour this over the second bowl of divided chex and mix until coated.
- In two gallon size ziplock bags, put ½ cup strawberry cake mix and ¼ cup powdered sugar in each bag. Dump each bowl of chex mix in each bag and shake until coated with the powdered sugar and strawberry powdered cake mix.
Recipe by The Recipe Critic.
Try our Cupcake Puppy Chow recipe sometime soon too:
HELP YOUR FELLOW HOME COOKS BY SHARING THIS ARTICLE NOW!