It’s the perfect dish you don’t have to wait for a big game to enjoy them. And these restaurant-style lemon pepper wings are so delicious that they’ll have you making cartwheels after you taste them!
Deep fried chicken wings always seem to pull on a person’s heart strings (and their tummy) when there’s a plate full of them right in front of you. This recipe gives you lemon and black pepper spices, fresh lemon juice and butter on a crispy wing for a VERY SATISFYING flavor and texture.
The dark meat on the inside remains moist, while the lemon flavor is just right with a little kick from the pepper. The butter is for added delicious flavor, especially if you like to spice it up. This recipe has an option for some Louisiana Hot Sauce that’s too good to miss out on!
You’ll thank us for this…
DID YOU KNOW? Originally made famous by pubs, Americans buy millions and millions of chicken wings days leading up to the Super Bowl. It was estimated Americans ate 1.3 Billion chicken wings for Super Bowl 50.
It’s a great choice to enjoy anytime right in your home. It may become one of your favorite weekly meals!
HOW TO MAKE RESTAURANT-STYLE LEMON PEPPER WINGS
- 4lbs Chicken Wings
- Oil, for frying
- Lawry’s Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 Lemon
- 3/4 – 1 Cup Louisiana Hot Wing Sauce (depending on how saucy you like it)
- Melted Butter, to taste
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet or deep fryer to medium high heat.
- Pat wings dry of any moisture from thawing or cleaning.
- Fry wings until golden, turning once 4-6 minutes on each side depending on how large they are and how crispy you like the skin. If using a deep fryer, you won’t have to turn them. They will cook in about 10-12 minutes.
** It’s best to cook them in batches. Don’t overcrowd your pan because it will bring down the temperature of the oil and all of the wings won’t cook properly at the same time.
- Set wings aside, on a sheet pan lined with paper towels to catch excess grease.
- In a large bowl, while the wings are still hot, season them generously with the lemon pepper seasoning and toss them in the bowl to make sure they are evenly coated. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on them.
** If you like traditional lemon pepper wings, you can stop the train right here and hop off. They are perfect. You will love these wings.
** Notice the wings were not seasoned or salted before this step. This is NOT a mistake. If you use Lawry’s Lemon Pepper, it really is all the seasoning you need.
- In a separate bowl, pour your hot sauce in and taste it. Some people like it really hot, so this is recommended before adding the butter to make sure it’s at the heat level you want. Add butter a little at a time, stirring well until it tastes the way like you want it.
- Once your sauce is ready, toss the lemon pepper wings in and serve!
- It’s more affordable to buy your wings whole and just break them down into flats and drums. A bag of wingettes will work just fine too.
- Enjoy with a big garden salad for an evening meal, or as an appetizer with celery and carrot sticks.
- Don’t forget the ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping.
Inspired by Chewsy Lovers