Prepare to fall in love with this mouthwatering recipe. With flavors so satisfying they soothe your soul, and chicken so juicy and tender it falls apart, Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala is guaranteed to become your new favorite comfort food. You will love how stress-free this recipe is, but you’ll love how it melts in your mouth even more!
Nobody forgets the first time they tried chicken marsala. The garlicky goodness combined with marsala cooking wine and meaty mushrooms creates a sacredly simple sauce, giving chicken the spotlight of a lifetime.
Chicken marsala is a traditional Italian dish and can be found on the menu at most Italian restaurants. After years of searching for the most simple and scrumptious way to satisfy my chicken marsala cravings, I finally found a solution! Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala is a convenient way to devour the divine Italian dish from the comfort of your home.
It only takes 10 minutes to prep and you probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen already. Your slow cooker does all the work while you go about your day, allowing the flavors to intensify on a truly hypnotic level. There really is no excuse to not try this recipe!
Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala is the succulent treat every tastebud deserves to experience. With minimal prep and clean-up, this genius recipe created by Creme De La Crumb is a bonafide keeper!
Here’s how to make Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste (I used about ½ teaspoon of each)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sweet marsala cooking wine (may sub chicken broth in a pinch)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Lightly greasy your slow cooker with nonstick spray. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Top chicken with garlic, mushrooms, and marsala wine. Cover and cook for 5-6 hours on low.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer chicken to a plate. Whisk together water and cornstarch til dissolved, then pour into slow cooker and stir.
- Add chicken back to slow cooker, switch heat to high, cover and cook another 20-30 minutes until sauce is thickened. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Recipe and photos by Creme De La Crumb.
Looking for another easy and delicious Italian recipe? Try our Easy Chicken Parm:
SHARE THIS ARTICLE TO SHOW YOUR LOVED ONES THIS AMAZING RECIPE!