I have always avoided making enchiladas for some reason. I always thought they would be way too hard to make!
Well as it turns out, they aren’t hard to make at all! They are actually pretty simple once you find the right recipe.
These turned out so creamy and flavorful, they are definitely going to be added into the rotation! They also got eaten up in no time. I always love it when this happens.
- 8-10 Small Flour Tortillas
- 3 Cups Chicken, Shredded or Chopped
- 2 CUPS shredded Pepper Jack Cheese.
- 2 CUPS shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 3 Tbsp Flour
- 2 CUPS Chicken Broth
- 1 CUP Sour Cream
- 1-4 Ounce Can Diced Green Chilies Mild
- 2-3 Tablespoons Green Onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9 X 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine chicken and 1 cup of pepper jack cheese
- Fill tortillas with this mixture and roll each one up then place seam side down in prepared pan.
- Melt the butter in a skillet.
- Sprinkle flour over melted butter and whisk to combine.
- Cook for 1 minute to remove the flour taste.
- Remove the skillet from heat and whisk in broth.
- Place back on heat and cook until the mixture has thickened and is bubbly.
- Cool sauce for 3-5 minutes. (Very important step.)
- Add sour cream and chilies and stir until sauce is smooth and sour cream is completely dissolved.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas and add remaining cheese over top. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until enchiladas are heated through and sauce is bubbly.
- Top with green onions.