Calling all cookie butter lovers: this recipe is guaranteed to make you swoon.
There’s nothing like a luscious pie that melts in your mouth — and that’s exactly what happens when you take a bite of Cookie Butter Pudding Pie!
Cookie Butter Pudding Pie tastes like heaven. For those of you who’ve never tried cookie butter before, just think of it as peanut butter made with gingerbread cookies instead — but SO MUCH BETTER!
The way the crunchy speculoos cookie crust compliments the rich and creamy chocolate cookie butter pudding filling is absolutely divine. Cookie Butter Pudding Pie is easy AND delicious, making it the ultimate way to satisfy a sweet tooth.
How to make Cookie Butter Pudding Pie:
Ingredients for the crust:
- 24 (1 7-ounce box) Speculoos cookies
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 7 tablespoons (99 grams) unsalted butter, melted
Ingredients for cookie butter pudding:
- 1 tablespoon (1 envelope) unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 2/3 cup (132 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (33 grams) unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup (28 grams) cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 3/4 cup (230 grams) cookie butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Ingredients for topping:
- Cookie butter, melted
- Crumbled Speculoos cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a food processor pulse the Speculoos cookies and sugar until finely ground. Add the butter and pulse until moistened. Use the bottom of a measuring cup, glass, or ramekin to press the crust mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake until fragrant and golden brown, about 12 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Put the gelatin in a small bowl, add the boiling water and stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan whisk the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Gradually add the milk, whisking until smooth. Set over medium heat and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Add in the cookie butter and stir until melted. Stir in the vanilla and reserved gelatin mixture. Pour the pudding into the pie crust. Chill the pie in the fridge for at least 3 hours, or preferably overnight, until well chilled and set.
- Drizzle with melted cookie butter. Garnish with the Speculoos cookie crumbles. Slice and serve!
We found this genius recipe on Handle the Heat.
Looking for another easy and delicious pie recipe? Try our Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Pie:
SHARE THIS ARTICLE TO SHOW YOUR LOVED ONES THIS AMAZING RECIPE!